Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Introduction to Faculty Resources
Wake Tech Libraries provide a variety of resources and services to support the faculty with their research and teaching needs, including books, library instruction, and research assistance.
Online Library Resources
As the college begins the transition to a completely online learning environment, we would like to make sure you are aware of all the resources the library can still offer online to support your students and your research goals for your students.
You and your students can still access:
The library can still provide:
- eBooks- 422,406
- Journal Articles- 33,974,706
- Newspaper Articles- 521,729,423
- Streaming Videos- 42,485
Please feel free to reach out to any of the library staff 'here' at the Scott Northern Wake Campus if there is anything we can do to help your students meet your research goals during this period of transition.
- Online instruction sessions via Teams, Zoom, or another platform that you and your students are using.
- One on one research assistance sessions to your students that may be having trouble finding the right resources for your assignment.
- Research guides tailored to your coursework or research assignment.
- Embedded librarians in your Blackboard course to help students access library resources and answer library related questions.
Do your students have research to do but don't know where to start? The library can help!
We offer several different types of library instruction:
- Library Orientation. We can give your students a basic introduction to library resources or services. This is great for students who have never used the library before.
- Database Searching. If your students have research to do, we can show them how to access and search the research databases.
- Customized Instruction. We can customize our instruction to meet your class's specific needs. Just let us know what you want your students to learn, and we'll design a program just for them.
Schedule an appointment!
If you have any questions about library orientation or scheduling library instruction, please feel free to contact your Instruction Librarian, Nichole Williams, directly.
Keep in mind research guides can be created for individual classes or specific class assignments. If you feel a research guide would help your students with their assignments, please speak with Nichole Nichols for more information.
Instructional Services Librarian
Do you have textbooks, DVDs, or other items you want to make available to your students? We can house them at the library!
Instructors must have a library account to place print items on reserve. An application is available at the circulation desk. A Wake Tech photo ID card is required.
To place personal books or other items on reserves:
- Bring the items to the library and complete one of the Reserve Item Forms, available at the circulation desk.
- Attach the form to the items and give everything to staff for processing. The items will be put on reserve within one week of the original request. On the form, please indicate when the items should be removed from reserve and returned to you.
- The library reserves the right to remove items from reserve at the end of each semester to comply with copyright law.
- Disclaimer: The library is not responsible for damage to or loss of any personal items placed on reserve.
To place library items on reserve:
- Pull the items from the shelf in the library and bring them to the circulation desk.
- Complete the form as indicated above.
Contact Jeffrey Todd Nuckolls at 919-532-5555 for more information.
Each department has a library liaison to help with the following:
- Consult with you on the information needs of you and/or your students.
- Direct you towards the best information sources.
- Collaborate with you on Research Guides for your departments and courses.
- Share information about library services and resources.
Suvanida Duangudom, MLS, MSEd
- Business Administration
- Culinary, Bakery & Pastry Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Global Business Management
- Health & Fitness Science
- Human Services Technology
Nichole Williams, MLS
Instructional Services Librarian
- Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration
- Computer Information Systems
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice
- Network Management
- Technical Support
Todd Nuckolls, MLS
Public Services Librarian
- Computer Programming & Development
- Political Science
- Supply Chain Management
Jennifer Mincey, MLS
Evening Services Librarian
- ACA - College Transfer
- Data Storage & Virtualization
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources Administration
- Human Resources Management