Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The library is open to all students, faculty and staff of Wake Tech holding a valid ID.
- Wake County residents may use the library with a valid ID showing a Wake county address. Residents may obtain a community borrowers card in order to check out materials.
- Computers are available, but community users may be restricted from this service prior to 2pm. Students take priority. Computers may not be available for use during a scheduled library instruction session. Please check at the Information Desk.
- Facebook is not allowed on college computers.
- Books checkout for 3 weeks.
- Audiobooks and DVDs check out for 1 week.
- Most items may be renewed one time.
- Small Snacks such as vending machine snacks and covered drinks must be enjoyed on the library patio or outdoors (See Food & Drink Policy).
- Talking on cell phones, Skype, or FaceTime is prohibited.
- In accordance with campus policy, no children are allowed in the library.
Things to Know about Scott Northern Wake Campus Library
Wake Tech's Scott Northern Wake Campus (6600 Louisburg Road - Raleigh NC 27616) has a three floor library located in Building F (NF 241).
- Computers - available on a first-come, first-served basis - Log in using your key account username and password (same as Blackboard and WebAdvisor). Computers are intended for research purposes; students using Facebook or other social media may be asked to relinquish the computer if there are students waiting to do research. Please log off when finished.
- Online Resources - We have loads of resources available online through our library guides, NC LIVE, and Wake Tech databases. You can also access the library catalog and request materials from other libraries if we don't have what you need. If you are off campus, you will need to access our databases through the WTCC Library website (http://library.waketech.edu) and enter your key account username and password (same as Blackboard and WebAdvisor).
You may like to listen to music while you study, but your classmates may prefer total quiet. To accommodate different people's needs, the library is zoned into Quiet zones (1st and 2nd floors), where you can listen to music with headphones,
and Silent zones (3rd floor) where no sound is allowed. Please choose the appropriate zone for your studying and respect those around you.
The following services are offered through the library:
Food & Drink Policy
FOOD and DRINKS
- Food and drinks should not be consumed at the computer stations.
- Small snacks such as vending machine snacks are permissible.
- Open plates of food, as well as messy, aromatic foods such as pizza, salad, and takeout are not permitted in the carpeted areas, but are allowed in the second floor tiled vending area and outside on the patio.
- No food deliveries to the library for individual patrons or small groups of students are permitted.
- Drink containers must be spill-proof with a securely fastened lid.
The following drink containers are acceptable:
- Spill-proof mugs (such as travel mugs, screw-top containers, or sports bottles) with the top attached at all times
- Leak-proof manufacturer containers with lids that close securely, either twist on or pop-top sports type.
The following drink containers are NOT acceptable:
- Open mugs with no lids
- Paper coffee cups or soft-sided containers with lids
- Containers with non-secure straws
- Juice boxes
- Take care with food and drinks around books and other library materials, computers, equipment, carpets, and furniture.
- Patrons must clean up after themselves.
- Patrons are responsible for taking drink and food containers with them when they leave the library
- Dispose of containers in trash receptacles in the building.
- Food and drinks in unattended or in unapproved containers may be confiscated and discarded.
- Report spills or concerns to a Library staff member.