Interview and Career Preparation
Surveying technicians are required to be active listeners, mathematical reasoners, and have precision control. To see more of the qualities of surveying technicians, click the link below.
O*NET Online (opens in new window)
O*NET Online has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
Employment of surveying and mapping technicians is expected to grow 16 percent from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Recent advancements in mapping technology have led to new uses for maps and a need for more of the data used to build maps.
For more information on the job outlook, median pay and work environment of surveying technicians, click the link below.
College Central at WTCC
College Central is an online jobs connection resource for students, alumni and employers.
Through College Central WTCC students may:
- "Search for jobs posted exclusively to Wake Technical Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers."
Click the link below to access: