Interview and Career Preparation
Welders are required to be critical thinkers, have hand-arm steadiness, and selective attention. To see more of the qualities of welders, click the link below.
O*NET Online (opens in new window)
O*NET Online has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
Employment of welders, cutters, solderers, and brazers is expected to grow 15 percent from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Properly skilled welders with up-to-date training should have the best job prospects.
For more information on the job outlook, median pay and work environment of welders, click the link below.
College Central at WTCC
College Central is an online jobs connection resource for students, alumni and employers.
Through College Central WTCC students may:
- "Search for jobs posted exclusively to Wake Technical Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers."
Click the link below to access: