The Library Online Catalog
The library online catalog will allow you search for books and other library materials housed within all five Wake Tech Campus libraries and other community college libraries in the state of North Carolina. Wake Tech library users can borrow books from other community college libraries within the consortium.
Wake Tech Libraries use the Library of Congress classification system. Books on welding will be in the "TS 227" area.
If the Wake Tech Libraries do not own an item, you may request it from one of the libraries of the Consortium of Community College Libraries in North Carolina (opens in new window). This process is called Interlibrary Loan. We will hold items for pickup for one week from the day we contact you, and then they will be returned to the lending library.
STEPS TO REQUESTING AN INTERLIBRARY LOAN
- Search in the online catalog (opens in new window).
- When you find an item that you want from the list of results, click on the item's title.
- On the next screen, under the Select an Action dropdown menu, select the option that says Place Hold.
- The next screen will prompt you for your identification. If you are a Wake Tech student, faculty, or staff, type WA (students only) and then your 7-digit ID in the User ID box. If you have a community borrower's card, then type in the number under the bar code. Your PIN is 1234 unless you have changed it under the My Account feature. (Leave the Alternate ID box blank.)
- Select your pickup location (you can choose any one of these five locations):
- Wake Health Education
- Wake North
- Wake Public Safety Education Campus
- Wake Technical at RTP
- Wake West
- Then click the Place Hold button. The next screen will verify your hold.
- To request another item, go back to your list, or conduct another search and follow the same process.
Some materials, such as reference books and DVDs, may be unavailable for loan.
A Selection of Welding Books Available at Wake Tech
Welding Complete by
Call Number: TT 211 .W45 2009
Publication Date: 8/1/09
Call Number: TS 228 .G425 2000
Publication Date: 8/24/99
A Selection of Ebooks Available at the Wake Tech Library