Philosophy 101 by
Call Number: BD 21 .K586 2013 (WAKE-NORTH)
Publication Date: 2013-10-18
Discover the world's greatest thinkers and their groundbreaking notions! Too often, textbooks turn the noteworthy theories, principles, and figures of philosophy into tedious discourse that even Plato would reject. Philosophy 101 cuts out the boring details and exhausting philosophical methodology, and instead, gives you a lesson in philosophy that keeps you engaged as you explore the fascinating history of human thought and inquisition. From Aristotle and Heidegger to free will and metaphysics, Philosophy 101 is packed with hundreds of entertaining philosophical tidbits, illustrations, and thought puzzles that you won't be able to find anywhere else. So whether you're looking to unravel the mysteries of existentialism, or just want to find out what made Voltaire tick, Philosophy 101 has all the answers--even the ones you didn't know you were looking for.
Beginning Ethics by
Call Number: BJ 1025 .V38 2015 (WAKE-NORTH)
Publication Date: 2014-08-01
Beginning Ethics provides students with the theoretical and logical tools they need to navigate the ethical quandaries in their daily lives. Clear writing, practical pedagogy, an emphasis on critical thinking, and an affordable price make Beginning Ethics the perfect introduction to one of the most important courses in the college curriculum.
If the Wake Tech Libraries do not own an item, you may request it from one of the libraries of the Consortium of Community College Libraries in North Carolina (opens in new window). This process is called Interlibrary Loan. We will hold items for pickup for one week from the day we contact you, and then they will be returned to the lending library.
STEPS TO REQUESTING AN INTERLIBRARY LOAN
- Search in the online catalog (opens in new window).
- When you find an item that you want from the list of results, click on the item's title.
- On the next screen, under the Select an Action dropdown menu, select the option that says Place Hold.
- The next screen will prompt you for your identification. If you are a Wake Tech student, faculty, or staff, type WA (students only) and then your 7-digit ID in the User ID box. If you have a community borrower's card, then type in the number under the bar code. Your PIN is 1234 unless you have changed it under the My Account feature. (Leave the Alternate ID box blank.)
- Select your pickup location (you can choose any one of these five locations):
- Wake Health Education
- Wake North
- Wake Public Safety Education Campus
- Wake Technical at RTP
- Wake West
- Then click the Place Hold button. The next screen will verify your hold.
- To request another item, go back to your list, or conduct another search and follow the same process.
Some materials, such as reference books and DVDs, may be unavailable for loan.
This search box will search all six Wake Tech Community College libraries. If you wish to search only one library, select "Search other NC Community College libraries" and then select your home library.
Wake Tech Libraries offer access to thousands of ebooks. You can read them online or download them to read later.
If you can't find what you need through Wake Tech's Interlibrary Loan Service, you may want to try searching for books at other nearby libraries. WorldCat searches public and private libraries for books.