Skip to Main Content
- The library is open to all students, faculty, and staff of Wake Tech holding a valid Wake Tech ID card. Please scan your Wake Tech ID card when you enter the library.
- The Wake Tech ID is also used as your library card.
- Wake County residents: Wake County residents may use the library with a valid NC ID or Drivers License showing a Wake County address. Residents must obtain a community borrower's card in order to check out audiobooks, fiction, and YA items only. Wake County residents can use the computers if student use is not in high demand.
- Computers are intended for academic use only. Students using Facebook, social media, or playing games, not for academic use, will be asked to relinquish the computer for students waiting to do research, homework, projects, or assignments.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks.
- DVDs are checked out for 1 week.
- Children: In accordance with campus policy, Children under the age of 15, who are not enrolled at Wake Tech, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or other adult at all times and must not be left unattended in any area of the College.
- Food: Small vending machine snacks are permissible. No plates of food or messy items. All drinks must be in spill proof containers with secure lids. No food or drinks around computers.
- Virtual Services:
Appointments can be booked for online reference appointments
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Friday 8:00-4:00 pm
Please use this form to Book an Appointment (opens in a new window)
- General Collection:
The general collection contains books, and audiobooks are available for a 3-week checkout and DVDs are checked out for 1 week. The general collection contains supplemental material for Health Sciences students and faculty, as well as a collection of young adult fiction, medical fiction, and DVDs.
- Course Reserves:
Course Reserves are books, videos, and other class materials that are located behind the circulation desk. Most reserve items are for in-library use only. Items are placed on reserve by faculty members.
- Interlibrary Loan / Cooperating Raleigh Colleges:
Library faculty, staff, and students can borrow books from any of the Wake Tech Libraries or from other North Carolina Community College Libraries in the Consortium. Wake Technical Community College Libraries are now part of the Cooperating Raleigh Colleges agreement. This agreement allows Wake Tech students, faculty, and staff to check out materials from Meredith College, William Peace College, NC State University, Saint Augustine, and Shaw University libraries. Students, faculty, and staff can inquire about CRC borrowing at any of the Wake Tech campus libraries. Interlibrary Loan services is not available to Community patrons. All Community patrons can use Interlibrary Loan services at your local public library.
- Laptops / Hotspots:
To check out a library laptop or hotspot you must be a current student with a Wake Tech ID, along with no fines or holds on your record. A Device Usage Agreement Form must be signed every semester before checking out any library devices. Laptops and hotspots can be checked out for three(3) weeks. For more information on laptops or hotspots, please call or visit any of the Wake Tech libraries. Some laptops and hotspots can be placed on Hold for checkout. Go to the Equipment Catalog to place a laptop or hotspot on Hold (opens in new window).
Early College Students: If you need either a laptop or hotspot, please contact Mrs. Lachance at email@example.com.
- Library Class Instruction:
Library instruction is designed to introduce students to the information sources available as well as learning different research strategies used when searching for information. Faculty can fill out the Library Instruction Request form (opens in new window) or call (919) 866-5764 to schedule an appointment.
Printers, scanners and a photocopy machine are available. The print limit is 25 pages per day.
Disability Support Services
TEAS Study Guides
Current Students can check out the ATI-TEAS Study Manual for Three Weeks at a time. One renewal is only allowed. There is an overdue fine of $1.00 per day.
The ATI TEAS Study Manual 2022-2023 Edition by
Publication Date: 2021-09-01
Everything you need to know from the creator of the exam! The ATI TEAS Study Manual brings you completely new features, including: - New full-length practice exams aligned to the ATI TEAS Version 7 - Alternate-item question types introduced on ATI TEAS Version 7 exams - Test-taking and score-boosting strategies - Designed to work with our ATI TEAS Online Practice Assessments
How to Renew Your Library Items or See What You Have Checked Out
Review your library account using the 'My Account' link found on the upper right side of the online catalog.
Online Catalog (opens in new window)
To login, you must enter 'WA' followed by your student ID number and your PIN. Students, faculty, and staff are assigned a default PIN number 1234 unless you have already created your own unique PIN for your library account.
The following options are available under My Account:
- Review My Account - See what items are checked out on your account and when the items are due.
- User PIN Change - Faculty, staff, and students opening a WTCC Library account receives a default PIN number 1234. You can change the default PIN number and create your own unique PIN with the User PIN Change Link.
- Renew My Materials - Library users may renew an item(s) twice. You may renew an item only if the item is not overdue and has not been requested by another library user.