Skip to main content
Intro to Faculty Resources
Wake Tech Libraries provide a variety of resources and services to support the faculty with their research and teaching needs, including books, library instruction, and research assistance.
Do your students have research to do but don't know where to start? The library can help!
We offer several different types of library instruction:
- Library Orientation. We can give your students a basic introduction to library resources or services. This is great for students who have never used the library before.
- Database Searching. If your students have research to do, we can show them how to access and search the research databases.
- Customized Instruction. We can customize our instruction to meet your class's specific needs. Just let us know what you want your students to learn, and we'll design a program just for them.
Schedule an appointment!
If you have any questions about library orientation/instruction, please contact Erik!
Research Guides can be created for individual classes or specific class assignments. If you feel a research guide would help your students with their assignments, contact Erik Sugg at the RTP Campus Library.
Erik Sugg, MLS
Do you have textbooks, DVDs, or other items you want to make available to your students? We can house them at the library!
Instructors must have a library account to place print items on reserve. An application is available at the circulation desk. A Wake Tech photo ID card is required.
To place personal books or other items on reserves:
- Bring the items to the library and complete one of the Reserve Item Forms, available at the circulation desk.
- Attach the form to the items and give everything to staff for processing. The items will be put on reserve within one week of the original request. On the form, please indicate when the items should be removed from reserve and returned to you.
- The library reserves the right to remove items from reserve at the end of each semester to comply with copyright law.
- Disclaimer: The library is not responsible for damage to or loss of any personal items placed on reserve.
To place library items on reserve:
- Pull the items from the shelf in the library and bring them to the circulation desk.
- Complete the form as indicated above.
Contact Megan Rudolph at (919) 335-1203 for more information.