Blackboard Calendar Locations Student Email Moodle my.WakeTech WebAdvisor
“I've seen the future and it will be. I've seen the future and it works.”
– Prince Rogers Nelson
Students explore the history and future of technology. They use what they have learned to predict and analyze the next technological innovation to impact society.
Review the library resources covering the future of technology. Select one technology you think will shape the future. For example, think about how the telephone or internet impacted society. What’s on the horizon with the potential to fundamentally impact society? Will it be a new medical device that will save lives? Maybe someone will develop a new mode of transportation. Perhaps there’s a new way to communicate or enjoy media.
Record a 3 to 4 -minute presentation on Flipgrid. You may want to use a presentation tool like PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Prezi.
• Describe the technology.
• Why did you select the technology?
• Who (individual/team/lab/company) invented it?
• Place in historical context. What preceded it?
• How does it work?
• What is the purpose?
• How will it impact society?
• If technology spreads, what will be gained? What will be lost?
• 2 sources from the LibGuide
• Cite sources (works cited slide) at end of presentation
• Click here for guidance on citing sources using MLA (opens in new window)
• Contact the ILC for further citation assistance MLA (opens in new window)