Blackboard Calendar Locations Student Email Moodle my.WakeTech WebAdvisor
Wake Tech Librarians offer research guides (opens in a new window) specifically for your course or subject. These guides provide helpful resources, strategies for research, and tutorials. You can work with a librarian to create a customized guide.
For further information, contact your campus's instructional services librarian here, (opens in a new window.)
An instructor will set up a library discussion board within their Blackboard course for students to ask their class librarian questions throughout the semester. For this option, a SchoolDude must be submitted by the Instructor. The Instructor will ask for Suvanida (opens in a new window) to be put into the class as an “observer” so she can respond to the discussion board.
Softchalk Modules are pre-created lessons that instructors embed in their Blackboard courses. The modules are available for download on the Faculty Resources Blackboard page.
Currently we have the following modules available, but modules can also be created for your specific course or assignment.
- Student Library Services Intro
- Peer Review and Experimental Studies
- Information Literacy
- Search Strategies and Psychology Databases
- Search Strategies and Science Databases
- How to Read a Scientific Paper
- How to Write a Scientific Paper
- Faculty Library Orientation
- Digging Deeper: Google Scholar and Backwards Research
For further information, contact David Carter, (opens in a new window.)