Computer Programming, Software, and Web Developing all require attention to detail, time management skills, and analytical thinking. Check out O*NET Online (opens in new window) to view more qualities and tasks performed by those in the computer programming field.
Employment of database administrators is projected to grow 12 percent from 2010 to 2020, average for all occupations. For more information on the job outlook, median pay, and work environment of database administrators, take a look at the Occupational Outlook Handbook (opens in new window).
Career Coach (opens in new window)
Current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
Ferguson's Career Guidance Center (opens in new window)
Career database that enables users to explore industries and careers, plan their education, and research best practices for résumés, cover letters, interviewing, networking, and salaries/benefits. Includes articles, career advice blogs, and streaming video.
Cypress Resume (opens in new window)
Easy-to-use résumé building tool with a built-in writing process and automatic formatting.
College Central (opens in new window) is an online jobs connection resource for students, alumni, and employers.
Through College Central, WTCC students may:
- "Search for jobs posted exclusively to Wake Technical Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers."