Interview and Career Preparation
Automotive Specialty Technicians are expected to be critical thinkers, trouble shooters, and decision makers. Automotive Specialty Technicians are also expected to have manual dexterity and hand-arm steadiness.
For more qualities of Automotive Specialty Technicians, click the link below.
O*NET Online (opens in new window)
O*NET Online has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
Employment of automotive service technicians and mechanics is expected to grow 17 percent from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Job opportunities for qualified jobseekers should be very good.
For more information on the job outlook, median pay, and work environment of automotive service technicians, click the link below.
College Central at WTCC
College Central is an online jobs connection resource for students, alumni, and employers.
Through College Central, WTCC students may:
- "Search for jobs posted exclusively to Wake Technical Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services, and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers."
Click the link below to access: