Reference & Research Consulting
Wake Tech's librarians provide reference and instruction in support of the curriculum and other information needs of the Wake Tech community. Combining the resources of a traditional print reference collection, online reference tools, and over 50 databases, we offer one-on-one help with information needs as well as long-term research for both faculty and students. As your students' research advocates, we help them develop lifelong information literacy skills.
We assist with:
- topic choice and search strategies
- identifying and accessing books and articles, using the catalog and databases
- understanding the different attributes and purposes of scholarly and popular information
- making good website choices
- proper citations of materials
How? The library provides multiple venues for getting your questions answered!
- Stop by the library when we are in our offices or staffing the reference desk. You can also reach us by phone, email or chat. A librarian is available: Monday-Thursday from 7:30am-7pm, Friday from 7:30am-5pm at the Southern, Scott Northern Perry Health, and RTP campuses. Check library website for hours at additional campus locations.
- Make an appointment with us. We know our collection and resources and can make specific recommendations about research strategies and databases.
Wake Tech Library Quick Links