Skip to main content
Identification Cards Required for Laptop Checkout
The following types of identification are required in order to check out a laptop:
1) Student ID card
2) Photo ID card (such as a driver's license)
WHO CAN CHECK OUT LAPTOPS?
1) Must be a CURRENT curriculum student with NO HOLDS
2) Have a library account CLEAR of any overdue items and/or fines
3) Present TWO forms of photo ID to Library Staff (see above)
Laptop Policy and Guidelines
Review the Laptop Computer Contract terms to start the process.
- Current Curriculum Students in good standing may check out laptops from the library. A current WTCC Student ID and one other type of photo ID are required to checkout laptops.
- The laptop computers are checked out for up to three hours during the week and are used in conjunction with the Campus wireless service.
- On the last weekday of the school week (usually Friday), the laptops are checked out to students—first come, first served--after 8:30 AM for the weekend. All items must be returned to the same library and to a Library STAFF member at or before NOON on the first day of the school week (usually Monday) along with ALL issued items to avoid late fees or replacement costs.
- A $10 late charge will be assessed for each hour (or portion thereof) when the laptop is late.
- Laptops not returned within 24 hours will be presumed lost/stolen and a non-refundable replacement fee of $1,200 for the laptop (and any charges for associated items) will be automatically charged to the user’s business office account. All overdue fines will also be charged.
- Charges that are accrued as a result of violations of these policies will result in a financial hold on my record which could prevent registering for classes for the next term or obtaining grades, a diploma, or transcripts until paid in full. The college may take any appropriate legal means to collect the amount owed for fines, damages, or loss. Violations of the laptop checkout agreement may mean a loss of laptop checkout privileges.
- The student who checks out a laptop is completely responsible for its safety and use during the checkout period. The student is responsible for any damage or loss that results from accident, theft, misuse or neglect.
- The student must not leave the laptop unattended and will use it in a responsible manner. Should there be an operating issue with the laptop, the student should notify the staff immediately.
- Anything saved on the laptop will be erased as soon as the laptop is turned off; therefore, students may temporarily create a document on the desktop and email materials to himself/herself or save them frequently to a flash drive.
Stop by your preferred WTCC Library and complete a laptop agreement. Remember to bring your Student ID (Current Curriculum Students Only) and one additional photo ID (for example, NC Driver's License or NC ID Card).
Laptop: Late Fines
LAPTOPS ON TIME!
Don't be late because...
- A $10 late charge will be assessed for each hour (or portion thereof) that the laptop (and any piece of additional equipment) is returned late.
- *Laptops not returned within 24 hours will be presumed lost/stolen and a non-refundable replacement fee of $1,200 for the laptop and $50 for each piece of additional equipment (a backpack case, a library flash drive, and a power adapter) will be automatically charged to the user's business office account. All overdue fines will also be charged.