This search box will search all six Wake Tech Community College libraries. If you wish to search only one library, select "Search other NC Community College libraries" and then select your home library.
If the Wake Tech Libraries do not own an item, you may request it from one of the libraries of the Consortium of Community College Libraries in North Carolina (opens in new window). This process is called Interlibrary Loan. We will hold items for pickup for one week from the day we contact you, and then they will be returned to the lending library.
STEPS TO REQUESTING AN INTERLIBRARY LOAN
- Search in the online catalog (opens in new window).
- When you find an item that you want from the list of results, click on the item's title.
- On the next screen, under the Select an Action dropdown menu, select the option that says Place Hold.
- The next screen will prompt you for your identification. If you are a Wake Tech student, faculty, or staff, type WA (students only) and then your 7-digit ID in the User ID box. If you have a community borrower's card, then type in the number under the bar code. Your PIN is 1234 unless you have changed it under the My Account feature. (Leave the Alternate ID box blank.)
- Select your pickup location (you can choose any one of these five locations):
- Wake Health Education
- Wake North
- Wake Public Safety Education Campus
- Wake Technical at RTP
- Wake West
- Then click the Place Hold button. The next screen will verify your hold.
- To request another item, go back to your list, or conduct another search and follow the same process.
Some materials, such as reference books and DVDs, may be unavailable for loan.
Finding Literary Criticism in the Library
Gale Literary Index (opens in new window)
This index will help you find out if the library has any print literary criticism in the books in the archive. When you search for your author, scroll down to their list of works and see if the works you are studying and enclosed in the books. Look for works that are cited in Nineteenth-Century Literary Criticism, Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism and Contemporary Literary Criticism. We also have Children's Literature, Drama Criticism, Short Story Criticism, and Poetry Criticism.
Wake Tech Libraries offer access to thousands of ebooks. You can read them online or download them to read later.
If you can't find what you need through Wake Tech's Interlibrary Loan Service, you may want to try searching for books at other nearby libraries. WorldCat searches public and private libraries for books.